Rich and creamy Chocolate Pots
Serves 4 lucky people
- 2 x Mashed or blended avocado (mashed banana could be used as an alternative)
- 2 x Tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 or 3 x Heaped tbsp sweetener or sugar
- 2 x Tsp of vanilla
- 100g of Vegan chocolate (I used a Moo Free chocolate bar)
- Glazed cherries
- Fresh raspberry
- Fresh blueberries
- Dried fruit (I dehydrated my own banana, strawberries and pomegranate seeds, but you can buy ready made)
- Unsalted pistachio nuts
- Coconut flakes
- Edible gold dust (not essential…but it does look pretty)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the flesh into a bowl and mash (or blend to get a smoother texture).
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetener to the avocado and continue to mash and mix.
- In a silicone muffin tray put some dried pomegranate seeds in to the bottom of each cup (this adds a chewy crunch to each bite of chocolate).
- Break the chocolate up and place it into a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds. Check the chocolate and stir. If it is not fully melted put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds, ensuring the mix does not burn.
- Once the chocolate has melted, place equal amounts of chocolate in the silicone muffin tray cups. Spread the chocolate around the muffin cups.
- Now place both mixtures in the fridge.
- After 10 minutes check the chocolate mix in the muffin trays. The mixture should have started to become firm. However before the chocolate completely sets, use a teaspoon to spread the chocolate around the edges of the muffin cups. This is so the sides of the cups become thicker and stronger.
- Now place the chocolate back in the fridge and allow to set for about another 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has fully set, equally fill the chocolate cups with the avocado mix.
- Place the glazed cherries, raspberries and blueberries on top of the avocado mix in a way that looks pretty.
- Place the tray back in the fridge and allow to set for at least an hour (if you can manage to restrain yourself from eating them all).
- Remove the chocolate cups from the silicone trays and add the dried fruits, pistachio nuts, coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds and gold dust.
- Eat them now or save them for later.
My Dad’s Birthday Pud…
Let me tell you a few important things about my dad… (I won’t mention his age…because he hates it!!)…. He is a caring and kind person…Doing anything he can to help people out!
He is excentric and wonderful (a lot like this sweet!). He is THE biggest Marylin Monroe fan, the only man I know to do the 3 peaks in his slippers… and the kind of guy that turns up to play a charity football match wearing a pirate hat and Dock Martin boots (when it wasn’t fancy dress).
So as a treat for my dads 67th Birthday (whoops… I let it slip!!)…I made him these flamboyant and gorgeous golden chocolate pots… He loved them!!
So why not treat someone special to these delightful ‘flocking’ desserts and become a part of the #Veganflocker gang. I promise…you won’t be disappointed 🙂