- 2 x Small chopped onions
- 1 x Bag of frozen sweetcorn
- 3 x Tbsp of tahini
- 2 x Tbsp of soya sauce
- 1 x Half tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 x Of a can of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to season
- Frylight spray
- 1x Small chilli (optional)
- 1 x spring onion (optional)
- Cook the chopped onion in a large pan with some Frylight spray, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen sweetcorn and cook for a further 10 minutes on a medium heat until the sweetcorn is cooked.
- Take a tablespoon of the sweetcorn out to use as a garnish later on.
- Now add the tahini paste, cayenne pepper, salt, soya sauce, and coconut milk to the mixture. Allow to cook and keep stiring.
- Now roughly blitz the mixture using a hand blender. The result will be a beautiful creamy sweetcorn heaven.
- Add more cayenne or other seasoning ingredients to suit your palette.
- Place the creamy concoction in a bowl, placing the sweetcorn, chopped spring onion and a some chopped chilli on top as a garnish.
This dish is what I would call an accidental miracle… The idea was initially to make a sweetcorn chowder, but without the ingredients in my cupboards I used my imagination and created this delight. I say miracle because it tastes like it was created at the hands of an angel 😇 and brought down from heaven itself… when in actual fact it was made by me in my not so heavenly 2 bedroom flat. One taste of this flocking recipe and you will be hooked…and the added bonus is that it is cheap, filling and easy to make 👍