- 5 x Shallots
- 3 x Linda McCartney
- rosemary and red onion sausages
- 3 x Garlic cloves
- 1 x Stock cube
- 3 x Tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 x Tbsp of dried basil
- 1 x Tin of butter beans
- 8 x Sun blushed tomatoes
- 1 x Packet of just roll puff pastry (ready to roll)
- Oil from the sun blushed tomatoes
1. De-skin the shallots and roughly chop them. Place them in a frying pan with some oil from the sun blushed tomatoes. Cook on a medium heat.
2. Add finely chopped garlic, Linda McCartney sausages, a stock cube, tomato paste and the dried basil.
3. Allow to cook until the onions are brown and the sausages are soft. Don’t allow them to cook until crispy.
4. Now place the mixture along with the butter beans and sun blushed tomatoes into a large bowl and allow to cool.
5. Roughly blitz the mixture with a hand blender, but leave some of the mixture chunky for texture.
6. Now roll out the puff pastry onto baking paper. Place the butter bean and tomato mixture down the length of the pastry, leaving a couple of centimetres from one side. The filling should be the width of 2 sausages.
7. Now very carefully roll the pastry over on itself to make the sausage roll shape. Ensure the filling is well contained. Cut off the extra pastry.
8. Using your fingers push down the edges of the length of the pastry to seal the filling in.
9. Using a fork mark the edges of the pastry and score the top with a knife.
10. Glaze the sausage roll with plenty of oil from the sun blushed tomatoes.
11. Cook for 25 minutes at 200°c in a pre heated oven.
So there has been lots of hype over the famous Morrisons foot long sausage roll… As they are filled with meat, this makes them unsuitable for me to eat. So I figured I’m not missing out on the fun and made my own…but vegan. I think it would be great if Morrisons brought out a vegan version of the foot long sausage roll…Until then you will have to make your own using my tasty recipe 😁 Enjoy