- 2 x Sweet potatoes
- 1.5 x Tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 x Pre packed/cooked beetroots cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 x A tin of chickpeas
- 2 x Tbsp of fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 x Heaped tbsp of sweetcorn
- 1 x Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 x Tsp English mustard
- A few hazel nuts and spring onions to garnish.
1. Prick the sweet potatoes and put them in a pre-heated oven. 200°c for 30 minutes.
2. Bring the potatoes out of the oven and cut each one down the middle. Remove the flesh from the skin and place it in a separate bowl.
3. In a frying pan toast the fennel seeds for a few minutes and then put to one side.
4. Mix the diced beetroot with half of the sweet potato mixture and the fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Now in a separate bowl mix the other half of the sweet potato flesh with the sweetcorn, chickpeas, mustard, soy sauce and the chives.
6. Fill the sweet potatoes with half of each of the mixtures and place under the grill for 10 minutes.
7. Now serve using hazel nuts and chives to garnish.