- 2 x Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 x Tbsp of icing sugar
- 4 x Tbsp coconut milk/cream
- 1 x Coconut
- 1 x Tin of pineapple rings or dried pineapple pieces
- 3/4 of a cup unsalted cashew nuts
- 1/2 a cup of desicated coconut
- 8 x Glaced cherries cut into tiny pieces
- Remove the coconut flesh from the shell and peel off the fibre.
- Grate the coconut and place in a bag and freeze over night.
- Either buy ready dried pineapple pieces or if you have a dehydrator dry the pineapple. Making sure you cut the pineapple into small pieces. I dehydrated mine for 10 hours on 60 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients excluding the cherries and pineapple into a blender. The mixture should be sticky enough to form into patty shapes. Then using a small biscuit cutter cut them into circles and flatten them to the thickness of cookies.
- Now cut the cherries into small pieces and stick them into the cookies.
- Add the pineapple pieces and dehydrate for 10 to 15 hours on 60 degrees. (This helps to keep the nutrients). If you don’t have a dehydrator you can freeze for a few hours. The texture will be less crunchy.
I know not everyone has a dehydrator…but I would advise you to buy one…they are great for making healthy snacks. Although this is not so healthy…but tastes amazing. I made these pina colada inspired cookies as a part of my friend Kerry’s 30th Birthday present! I wanted to make her something original and Pina colada is my all time favourite cocktail so I thought why not have a cocktail cookie. Kestral is a friend that goes way back, we were best friends at school, but lost touch. However we have recently got back in contact and I am so glad. Kerry…AKA Kestral is a Pink obsessed princess who is hilarious and has always got your back haha.
Happy Birthday Kerry…I hope you enjoyed your cookies!!