Vegan Satay Sauce stir fry
- 1 x Large diced onion
- 1 x whole broccoli broken into florets
- 160g Cauldron Marinated tofu pieces
- 3 x Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 x spiralised courgette
- 1 x spiralised carrot
- 4 x baby sweetcorn (cut in half)
- 3 x Spring onions (thinly chopped)
- 1 x Half a red pepper cut into strips.
- 1 x Chilli cut in half
- 3 x Tbsp of premium dark soya sauce
- 3 x Tbsp of natural Tahini or 2 x Tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 x Heaped Tbsp of sweetener or sugar
- 1 x Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt to season
- Fresh coriander and sesame seeds to garnish
- Fry Light spray
Tip – If you are using peanut butter, add water to the mixture a little bit at a time to thin the consistency.
1. Blanch the broccoli florets in a pan with boiling water for 3 minutes. Place to one side when ready.
2. In a pan cook the onion and garlic in fry light spray. Saute until golden brown.
3. Add the sweetener, peanut butter and soya sauce to the pan and stir. This is were you may need to add some water.
4. Now add the rest of the ingredients to the pan (except the garnish) and cook until the they have heated through (about 5 to 10 minutes). Ensure all the ingredients are coated in the sauce.
4. Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds.
Better then take away!! After having a long day… I often feel like I need to pig out! This meal can be made in around 20 minutes and is worth every second! Unlike the very often underwhelming take away…this meal leaves you feeling happy and wanting more… To be truthful, it was a struggle to restrain myself not to eat the portion I had left for my lunch for the next day!
So….get to your ‘flocking’ kitchen and try this recipe. Let me know how the recipe works for you…I would love to see any photos. You can send these to me via facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The direct links are on my main page 🙂