Sweet potato and Beetroot Flan
- 4 x Tsp of Agar Agar
- 3 x Peeled sweet potatoes (1 x extra sweet potato if you would like to add the sweet potato flower)
- 1 x Half a cup of soya milk
- 1 x Quarter of a cup of soya cream
- 1 x Tsp salt
- 2 x Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x Heaped tbsp of fennel seeds
- 1 x Tsp pepper
- 1 x Tsp cider vinegar
- 1 x Tbsp of vegan gravy granules
- 1 x Large onion diced
- 2 x 250g Packs of precooked beetroot, cut into chunks
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Slice the peeled sweet potato and boil for 5 minutes until partially cooked. Then drain the water, add a pinch of salt and place the potato slices in a silicone tray. Microwaved the sweet potato to help dry them and stick them together.
- Place the sweet potato in the oven on 225 degrees and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a large pan brown the diced onion and then add the garlic.
- Add the fennel seeds, soya cream, soya milk, pepper, salt, cider vinegar and gravy granules and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now ad the beetroot, being sure to cut off any hard pieced of root.
- Blitz the mixture with a hand blender.
- Now add the agar agar and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes. This allows the Agar Agar to dissolve properly.
- Get the sweet potatoes out of the oven and pour over the beetroot mixture. Place in the fridge and allow it to set for around 1 hour.
- For an added touch of beauty mash a sweet potato and cut a flower shape into it using a mold. Add this to the top of the flan and decorate it with coriander leaves.