Serving 2 people
- 2 x tbsp of soy sauce or liquid seasoning
- 1 x pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 x tsp fenugreek
- 2 x tsp cumin powder
- 3 x tsp coriander
- 1 x tsp turmeric
- 1 x tsp dried parsley
- 2 x tbsp tomato paste
- 4 x tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- 2 x bread buns
- Take the leaves off the cauliflower and cut in half.
- Cut two steaks, about a thumb width in thickness.
- Mix the herbs, spices and tomato paste in a large bowl and smother the cauliflower steaks in the mixture.
- Once the cauliflower steaks are fully coated, place them in a hot grill pan (with fry light spray) and cook on a medium heat until soft soft.
- Once cooked place the steaks in ‘buttered’ bun and eat.
I made this for my lunch today. It was quick to prepare, taking around 20 minutes. The steaks are very filling, so I am comfortably full before work… bonus. I have seen these done before and decided to try them myself, with a seasoning of my own creation. The cauliflower steaks almost had a BBQ taste to them…if only we had some sunshine once in a while, these would be perfect on a BBQ on a hot summers day…all your mates around…drinking a few beers and listening to your favorite tunes… Would be perfection.
Anyway dreaming to one side…As in England we don’t have sunshine all that often, this meal is also great for indoors. So….what you waiting for…give them a try 🙂